[mythtv-users] Blue screen on s-video

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Apr 3 03:13:42 UTC 2005

>>> pwilliamson at mandtbank.com 04/02/05 9:55 PM >>>
> I've got a myth box (fc2, kernel 2.6.10-1.770_fc2) that I had
> upgraded mytht to 0.17 via apt-get for the latest release a
> while back.  It's been working great, but I decided I'd move
> up the box with an apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> Big mistake.  Now I get no video out of the s-video port on my
> FX-5200.  I only get blue screen.  Right after I did the apt-get
> dist-upgrade, I rebooted, went with the default kernel and
> when X windows came up, the screen turned blue.  I only have
> an s-video device (TV)  available at home right now, so I have
> no idea if there's output on the VGA out.
>
> What can I do short of going out and buying a monitor
> to see if the VGA out has something going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I know I'm replying to my own thread, but I see that someone
else is having a problem that looks close to mine...

Death by apt-get:

I'm able to boot because I'm still using the default in the
grub.conf (2.6.10-1.770_FC2), but there is a newer one
in the grub.conf (2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrmasmp)
I'm not willing to try to change to the newer kernel because
at least right now I can ssh in to the box.  This is
a single proc p4  machine.

This is killing me - I was looking forward to watching Autoweek
and then the 2 NCAA games at 2x...

Thanks,
Paul