[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup problem

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:03:11 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 5:56 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> On 2-Apr-05, at 8:38 PM, Xiaotian Sun wrote:
>
> > my capture card settings. Whichever one I choose, mythtvsetup just
> > hands there. I have to kill it.
>
> Not sure if you saw the earlier message in users where someone wrote:
>
> " I have to press ESC to get
> past the "clear capture cards" splash screen and the I get the same
> issue in the other screens "
>
> Perhaps you're having the same problem. I find it takes a long time to
> go from the clear settings prompts to the options but never more than a
> minute.

Thanks for your reply. I just joined the group.

Pressing ESC does get me through the first few screens and I actually knew
that. But that does help a lot. After I reached the setup screen, I cannot
get to the next step. "Next" button doesn't work.

> Is remote control required to run mythtv?
>
> No, but it's much nicer with one!

I already bought one. It's on the way. But I try to get mythtv going before
I get it. Since mythtvsetup gives a warning about it, I thought the problems
I'm having may be related to the fact that I don't have a remote.

- George

Xiaotian