[mythtv-users] Nova-T vs V-Stream XPert?

Andrew Herron andrew.herron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:48:38 UTC 2005

First up sorry about the double post; it wasn't showing up in my
inbox.  I guess gmail found the sent copy and so didn't show it... :S

> I had to replace my Avermedia 761 recently because I had some many
> problems with the bt878 chipset onboard. I considered buying a couple
> more of the DPANDA cards or Nova-Ts because they work so well, but
> gambled on the KWorld instead. No regrets. I can't think of any reasont
> to pay more because the KWorld works perfectly for me.

I saw from your previous posts that the bt878 chipsets should be
avoided, and never considered Avermedia as an option.  Thanks for the
advice, looks like I'm going for the KWorld card  :)

> My KWorlds always report zero bit error rate. I'm not sure whether
> they're super-sensitive or the error rate measurement is not implemented
> in the driver! I live in a strong signal area so I can't compare the
> cards in a marginal environment.

The analog reception here isn't perfect but we do get occasional lines
of static on the screen.  Upgrading the cable helped that a bit so if
I find a nicely shielded cable Digital shouldn't be a problem.

> I use Debian; works fine. Everything is available packaged from
> third-party repositories.

Sweet!  You've been a great help.  Thanks!

Andy