[mythtv-users] Time change causes problems

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Sun Apr 3 19:10:09 UTC 2005

Endaf Jones wrote:
> Seems to make sense.  I started seeing problems Saturday night and lost
> several programs that evening (Mountain timezone).
>
> I'm running qt-3.3.4.
>
> This needs to be brought to mythtv-dev for the dev's to comment on.
>
> For now, I'm just changing the "recording schedules" start early / end
> late options by 60 (-60/ +60) minutes for each program schedule.  It's
> easy to do with the mythweb.  I can't (or rather won't) change my
> timezone as I have other things on this box that I don't really want to
> risk breaking.

My backend is running FC3 with MythTV from ATRPMS. FC3 started with QT
3.3.3 but has updated to 3.3.4. I did the following to work around the
problem

(1) Downloaded the original FC3 QT 3.3.3 RPMs from
<http://download.fedora.redhat.com>.
(2) Rolled back the QT to 3.3.3 using 'rpm --upgrade --force' followed
by 'ldconfig'.
(3) Stopped mythbackend (/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop).
(4) Deleted existing schedule using mythtvsetup.
(5) Started mythbackend (/etc/init.d/mythbackend start).
(6) Ran mythfilldatabase.

Now everything is fine again.

I have also added the line 'exclude=qt,qt-*' to the file
'/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo' so that yum will not update qt.