[mythtv-users] Mythweb Duplicates Deactivated Default Behavior

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Mon Apr 4 02:29:58 UTC 2005

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> writes:

>> I'm on a private network with no DNS entries, just entries in
>> /etc/hosts.  I can't find any useful log entries about this.
>
> Make sure you have a ServerName set, and the canonical names setting
> will let mythweb pick up that info.

Both done.

> Otherwise, just manually set the
> cookie domain constant to the name you use to access the machine.

The CookieDomain docs say that it has to be a string starting with a
dot and containing at least one more internal dot.  Since I access
my myth machine as simply "boots", I wasn't sure what to use here.

I tried changing ServerName to boots.foo.local and setting
CookieDomain to .foo.local, but that didn't help.

I have also set CookieTracking to "on".

I noticed that Debian's apache2 has very few modules enabled by
default.  I've got just these ones enabled:

  actions cgi php4 userdir usertrack

Am I missing something else crucial?

Sorry for these dumb and off topic questions!

Dan