[mythtv-users] Need Help with pcHDTV 3000 Setup

Jonathan Poon poonj at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 03:22:10 UTC 2005

Hi everyone, I am experiencing trouble with installing the pcHDTV 3000 using
both dvb and v4l2. the device is loaded with modules and I can see the
output message using the dmesg where the computer detects the card with the
proper modules. However, I am getting a blank screen in mythtv.

Here are some questions that I have for each situation (dvb and v4l2):

In my system using the old v4l2 modules, I get two devices, /dev/video0 and
/dev/video1. When I use dtvscan/dtvsignal, I need to access /dev/video1 and
it works perfectly fine as it detects the signals and such. However, when I
use mythtv-setup, and insert /dev/video1 for the TV capture cards, it says
that there was an error and can't use the device. However, when I change it
to /dev/video0, it works fine.

This is an aliasing in issue in my /etc/modules.conf? What am I supposed to
put in there? What modules am I supposed to alias?

I setup the the device as well to use dvb. I notied a mistake during the
installation in which the script that is used to patch the
/etc/modprobe.conf wasn't done properly, since I am on a debian machine. I
don't how much that matters, but at the same time, mythtv-setup seems to be
able to detect the card. However, I don't get any output. when I tried using
the dvb-utils such as scan, the output didn't seem correct, so I don't know
if I am installing this in correctly.

In my kernel, I modulated the video 4 linux, as well as the BT848 and
CX2388x devices. I also then added the dvb to the kernel and modulated dvb
core support.

Anyhow, I am stuck as to what I need to do in order to get myth to work. I
am pretty sure its because I am not setting the device up correctly, so
please give me some guidance if you have any hints to what I need to.

Thanks in advance!

-JP