[mythtv-users] Simple LiveTV Question

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:28:08 UTC 2005

This is one of the things that has been bugging me since I've first
started working with Myth a few weeks ago.

When browsing the EPG, intuitively I think ENTER or SELECT should take
you to the channel that's currently highlighted, and R or RECORD
should bring up recording options.

Even more intuitive would be if a show that is showing right now is
highlighted, then ENTER would change to that channel, but if the show
is in the future, ENTER would bring up recording options.  Of cource
the record button would bring up the record menu in all cases.

As it is, the button that brings up the menu in live TV is the same
button that changes to the currently highlighted channel in the EPG.
To my simple mind, that's not very intuitive.

I know there are some keybindings that you can change in MythWeb, and
you can change mappings in lircrc, but
(1)I can't seem to find keybindings in MythWeb for the EPG
(2)I certainly don't think it's possible to make one key (ENTER, for
example) do two different things depending on what's highlighted.

If I'm missing something or if i'm out on my own in thinking this
matters, please let me know.  Myth is nearly infinitely configurable
(the Linux way) so maybe I've just missed a way to fix this.