[mythtv-users] Mythweb - MythVideo on the web

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:50:11 UTC 2005

On 01 Apr 2005 02:50:37 -0500, jondz <jondz at dca.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 02:45, jondz wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:10, Sammo wrote:
> > > MythVideo is great, I really like the feature to search IMDB for
> > > posters and movie information.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to search IMDB from within MythWeb? Currently I can
> > > click on "Edit Video Info" to manually enter info (but can't even
> > > manually add poster images).
> > >
> > > If it's not possible to do that in the current MythWeb, is there a way
> > > to do it remotely through ssh? I know there's the
> > > mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl file which retrieves the info etc,
> > > but I don't know how to put it into the Myth databse.
> > >
> > > If all the above fails, what would be the fastest way to get movie
> > > info/images for a large number of videos?
> > >
> > > Thanks mythtv-users for all your support!
> >
> > I recall doing this, ftp or sftp an image thru where
> > mythtv directory stores the video images; then
> > on the MythVideo utilities right arrow, then
> > select the image on one of the options there.
> > I sortof recall putting movie
> > info thru mythweb but assigning the image on mythvideo
> > (or maybe both can be done on mythweb?).
> >
> > Sorry can't be more specific as I've got the disk crash
> > and trying to recover my mythtv box...
>
> More to this, (reading my sql text dump) if you can't recall
> where the video artwork are located, check out (in mysql)
>
>    select * from settings where value = 'VideoArtworkDir'
>
> jondz

Probably not what you where thinking of but...

I thought about this for a while beforehand, and in the end decided
that instead of messing about with IMDB, a screenshot of the video
(ala recorded programs style screenshot) would suffice, so I added a
bit of php code and a clickable link in mythweb to autogenerate
thumbnail screenshots of each video.

Only takes the system about 10 seconds to do 50 or so  thumbnails. The
code is by no means pefect though and needs more work, but bascially
uses mplayer to do the screenshots.

--
Regards,

~CM