[mythtv-users] MythMusic skipping on OGG files

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Apr 4 14:20:01 UTC 2005

HI!

James Smith wrote:

> I've just got MythTV installed happily, and am very pleased so far. I'm
> having a problem with MythMusic though - it seems to be reporting track
> lengths wrong (generally 20 seconds or so too long), and often skips ahead
> a few seconds at random while playing. Most of my music is in OGG format,
> so it may be something specific to this format, I'm not sure. Anyone come
> across anything like this?

I haven't checked the track length, yet, but every now and then (about
every half hour of playing), I get a 1 second pause. This is not
reproducable.

I am playing OGG files over NFS (rsize=8192,wsize=8192,tcp,intr). First
I had FC1 with WLAN and thought this is the cause. But now I have FC3
and 100 MBit LAN and this still happens, just maybe a little less frequent.

Thomas