[mythtv-users] app for determine HD resolution?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:15:14 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 9:38 AM, Alan Hagge <ahagge at wbfa.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know of an app which will do any or all of:
>
>     * Show the resolution (H x V or 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc.) of a
>       specified dvb channel (ATSC)
>     * Show the resolution of a specified .nuv file?
>     * Show the bandwidth (bps) of a given ATSC channel
>
> I'm trying to determine just what my system can playback without
> stutter.  It seems to do OK on some HD content, but not others, and I
> suspect the difference is either the format of the channel or possibly
> the number of subchannels (ie. the total bandwidth) on a channel.

Alan,

I believe that the mythbackend log tells you the resolution of a
channel when you switch to that channel. Try this:

1. Start mythbackend

2. # tail -f /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

3. Run mythfrontend, watch live TV and change channels

4. Watch the output of 2 for the resolution of a channel as you switch to it

Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MUG