[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboard Comments

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Apr 4 16:43:18 UTC 2005

> khanh at slc.edu 04/04/05 12:28 PM >>>
> > Ryszard
> > > On Apr 4, 2005 6:20 PM, Chris Gardner <tcgardner at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > I am thinking of going the wireless keyboard route for my MythTV

> > > setup.  What are people using?  Any recommendations?  Any
problems?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Chris.
> >
> > oh yeah, go the gyration.  its small, RF, and works well.
> >
> > (it does chew the battereis tho')
>
> I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but my Gyration always lost RF
> sync with the receiver.  I might have too much RF interference
> from other electronic stuff I have.  I ditched the whole thing
> and just use a universal remote and LIRC.
>
> -Khanh

Fixed the top posting...

I had a gyration too.  It worked, but I got sick of replacing the
batteries.  It also lost sync at the most inconvenient times, like
when I was showing the system off to my in-laws.

Tried the LIRC route before that, much better results than
Gyration, but only because of the sync issues.

An airboard + RS 15-2116 is awesome.  I have one of those,
plus a couple other programmables.  I just picked up another
MX-500 off ebay for fairly cheap, cloned it last night and
now I've got the exact same remote in my bedroom as in
the guest bedroom.  It took me all of 30 seconds to clone
the remote.  And all function keys are identical.

Now if I could only find 4 or 5 more of those...

Paul