[mythtv-users] Blue screen on s-video

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:50:13 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 9:55 PM, PAUL WILLIAMSON <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
> I've got a myth box (fc2, kernel 2.6.10-1.770_fc2) that I had
> upgraded mytht to 0.17 via apt-get for the latest release a
> while back.  It's been working great, but I decided I'd move
> up the box with an apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> Big mistake.  Now I get no video out of the s-video port on my
> FX-5200.  I only get blue screen.  Right after I did the apt-get
> dist-upgrade, I rebooted, went with the default kernel and
> when X windows came up, the screen turned blue.  I only have
> an s-video device (TV)  available at home right now, so I have
> no idea if there's output on the VGA out.
>
> What can I do short of going out and buying a monitor
> to see if the VGA out has something going on?

hi Paul,

i had the same problem when i moved from vga out to s-video out.
check your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.  i bet when you did the apt-get
it overwrote the config file that you had previously.  you need to
make sure that 'tv' is specified in the 'Monitor' section of the
config file.  i don't remember the settings off the top of my head.
if you don't see tv listed in the Monitor section let me know and i'll
send you my XF86Config-4 file and you can tweak from there.  or if you
post your hardware configuration i'm sure someone else with a very
similar setup will send you their XF86Config-4 file.

hth