[mythtv-users] Keyboard focus

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:57:06 UTC 2005

My MythTV setup has two heads, a LCD on display :0.0 and a television
on :0.1. When someone is using the the keyboard/mouse/LCD on :0.0, it
has keyboard focus. MythTV works fine without keyboard focus for
navigating menus and controlling playback, but "dialog boxes" like the
"Delete Recording" do not work without keyboard focus. None of the
buttons are highlighted, and so it's not possible to select a button
using up/down. Could MythTV be modified to work entirely without
needing keyboard focus? It's very nearly there, probably just by
accident I'm guessing. Alternatively, can anyone suggest how to modify
my setup so that each :0.0 and :0.1 have its own concept of keyboard
focus?

I'm currently using a workaround; the power button on my remote is set
to kill the current mythfrontend and start a new one, which will have
keyboard focus once it starts. Unfortunately, if anyone is using the
first head, MythTV will quickly lose keyboard focus and this
workaround fails.

Cheers,
Shaun