[mythtv-users] Broken playback with 0.17 and PVR 350

Tancred Lindholm tancred.lindholm at hiit.fi
Tue Apr 5 10:52:14 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded from 0.15 to 0.17 using the Debian packages
available at  http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian.

As a result, playback using the PVR 350 decoder was broken (it worked
properly before the upgrade). When trying to watch a recording,
myhtfrontend first announces that it cannot access /dev/dsp (which is
not in use). When I choose to proceed without sound, only a black screen
is shown (no audio). Mythbackend seems to work well, though. I use ivtv
0.1.9 PAL. dd to /dev/video16 still works

I found references to this problem in earlier posts, but no solution.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am currently leaning towards going back to 0.15. My main concern is
the database, which has been upgraded to 0.17; will it still work with
0.15 or do I have to rebuild it?

-Tancred