[mythtv-users] Re: nvidia-settings problem & solution

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:57:36 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 7:41 AM, Zach <uid000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could have something to do with using twinview.  I'm inclined to thing
> this is a bug with nvidia-settings.  Time and time again I run
> nvidia-settings and it writes out a fresh, new nvidia-settings-rc,
> sans tv overscan & flicker filter settings.  Since there are no
> preferences or configuration options or "save settings" in the gui,
> I'm guessing it *should* write out every setting to the rc file and
> there shouldn't be anything to figure out.  This is made more
> irritating by the fact that, if I allow it to, it will clobber my
> nvidia-settings-rc file the next time I run it.
>
> > Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:33:47 -0700
> > From: Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nvidia-settings problem & solution
> > To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >
> > On Monday 04 April 2005 17:06, Zach wrote:
> > > I don't know if anyone else had this problem
> > [...]
> > > my problem was that
> > > it didn't restore the overscan setting for my tvout (and of lesser
> > > importance the flicker filter setting as well).
> >
> > Nope, no such problem here. Only problem I had was that I needed to
> > reconfigure the overscan value after bumping from 6629 to 7174, as the valid
> > range of values has changed. Made the change in the gui, saved it, all was
> > back to usual.
> >
> > --
> > Jarod Wilson
> > jarod at wilsonet.com

Hey Zach,

I'm seeing this issue, with 6629 drivers and not using twinview. Just
rebuilt my box, followed Jarod's guide the first time, followed it
again this time. I'm having a few issues that I didn't have the first
time around. The only thing that I did differently this time was to
leave out the 'ConnectedMonitor' 'TV' line from xorgs.conf.
I'll give that a shot and then if necessary I'll try your suggestions
above and report back.

Garry