[mythtv-users] watch analog and ditial tv on the same card?

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Tue Apr 5 18:18:57 UTC 2005

Xiaotian

Hopefully it's not a dumb question, 'cause I want to know too.  I've
been experimenting since I got my card (about a week ago), and have had
LIMITED success.  Right now I'm using the dvb drivers (cx88-dvb) for
ATSC and the cx8800 for NTSC.  But for me, what usually happens is that
if I start in ATSC mode, I can't switch to NTSC (and vice-versa).

Regarding the mythtvsetup:  I configured two separate tuners: a V4L2 one
(NTSC) using /dev/video1 (I have a webcam on /dev/video0), and a DVB one
(ATSC).  Then I set up two separate antennas (one HD, one SD) with
Zap2It (you have to use 2 different zip codes to set up 2 profiles,
AFAIK), and tied each to its respective tuner.  And you can select which
format to use (and thus which tuner) on a per-channel basis (as well as
having a "global default" which you already found).

I'm using the 2.0 drivers from the pcHDTV website, FC3 and kernel
2.6.10-1.770_FC3.

BTW, anyone know how to tell MythTV which tuner to use when first
starting LiveTV?  Mine's defaulting to my NTSC one, and I want the ATSC one.

Alan