[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-350 NFS, Local Recording and Remote Live-TV

dfleming at swings.2y.net dfleming at swings.2y.net
Tue Apr 5 18:27:03 UTC 2005

> How big did you set the buffer for the slave tv and is there space for
>it on the nfs?

The live-tv buffer is set to the default of 5 gigs and there is plenty
of space.

>How did you set up the user accounts? Is the slave recording as root
>or a mythuser on the nfs share?

My systems are running Debian testing (Sarge).  The backends run as the
user 'mythtv'.  The nice level in the /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend is set
to 0.  I was considering raising the priority.

I noticed when I ran top that ivtv runs at -10,  My mythfrontend runs as
root, with this in mind I was considering raising mythbackend to -5 and
seeing what happens.  Would that be worth a try?

Thanks,

---Dan