[mythtv-users] remote *receiver* ?

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Tue Apr 5 20:13:41 UTC 2005

> I definitely don't use that remote.  The only reason I bought that remote
> was for the serial IR adapter.  It has an obscenely long cable and just
> plain works.   I use the 15-2117 (same as the 15-2116 but with UHF - they
> discontinued it.) from Radio Shack.  It is an *awesome* JP1 programmable
> universal remote.
> --
> John Sturgeon <><

I had already read how terrible a remote the PB one was before I bought the
kit. Like you, the plan was to just use the receiver. I tested with the PB
remote and an RCA 4in1 Universal remote (set to RCA vcr mode and a few other
random manufacturers). When I rebuild my testbox, I'll try again with
several of the remotes I have sitting around (I swear these things are
breeding whenever I put them away in the cupboard. There always seems to be
twice as many remotes in the box as the last time I looked).

I'm afraid to buy a JP1 remote. It would just entice me into building a
programming cable for it and waste away far too much time playing with the
new toy. :-|

Shawn Flynn