[mythtv-users] remote *receiver* ?

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Tue Apr 5 20:50:46 UTC 2005

Sorry for OT post, but...

Shawn Flynn wrote:

> I'm afraid to buy a JP1 remote. It would just entice me into building
> a programming cable for it and waste away far too much time playing
> with the new toy. :-|

Dude, take the plunge!  Yes, there's some learning time (and
experimentation), but you'll be SO happy with the outcome.  For $30.00
or less you can do what the $200.00 remotes only WISH they could do.
And you don't have to keep pressing those friggin' buttons hundreds of
times to program the keys the way YOU want (instead of the way the
vendor THOUGHT you wanted them)...