[mythtv-users] PVR-500 installation

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:54:37 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 2:54 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2005 12:47, Matt wrote:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/19047?page=last -
> >
> >From that page, it appears that the firmware is the same name for the
> >
> > 250 as it is for the 500.  So how do I install the firmware for both
> > the 250 and the 500 into /lib/modules?
>
> They can use the same firmware for the encoding portion (though some report
> better success with newer encoder firmware versions, I'm using the same one
> for both the 250 and 500 without a problem). The ivtvfwextract.pl part should
> have extracted and installed ivtv-fw-enc.bin and ivtv-fw-dec.bin
> into /lib/modules (which it appears is the case, based on your log output).
> The HcwMakoA.rom file is specific to the 150 and 500. So if you have those
> three files, you should be fine (or at least fine enough to get a/v off
> everything).
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson

Still no dice.  Same problem.  I've used new drivers for the firmware,
I made sure to put the HcwMakoA.rom in the correct folder.  I've set
the resolution to encode at the proper rates.  What happens is I get
static snow that fades into black every second, and it just repeats
doing that.  However, the pvr-250s still work.  I've also tried
turning off the machine for +2 minutes and no change.  Any ideas?