[mythtv-users] PVR-500 installation

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:03:37 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 3:54 PM, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 2:54 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 April 2005 12:47, Matt wrote:
> > > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/19047?page=last -
> > >
> > >From that page, it appears that the firmware is the same name for the
> > >
> > > 250 as it is for the 500.  So how do I install the firmware for both
> > > the 250 and the 500 into /lib/modules?
> >
> > They can use the same firmware for the encoding portion (though some report
> > better success with newer encoder firmware versions, I'm using the same one
> > for both the 250 and 500 without a problem). The ivtvfwextract.pl part should
> > have extracted and installed ivtv-fw-enc.bin and ivtv-fw-dec.bin
> > into /lib/modules (which it appears is the case, based on your log output).
> > The HcwMakoA.rom file is specific to the 150 and 500. So if you have those
> > three files, you should be fine (or at least fine enough to get a/v off
> > everything).
> >
> > --
> > Jarod Wilson
>
> Still no dice.  Same problem.  I've used new drivers for the firmware,
> I made sure to put the HcwMakoA.rom in the correct folder.  I've set
> the resolution to encode at the proper rates.  What happens is I get
> static snow that fades into black every second, and it just repeats
> doing that.  However, the pvr-250s still work.  I've also tried
> turning off the machine for +2 minutes and no change.  Any ideas?

I did this, but not sure what to tell of it.

ivtvctl -I -d /dev/video3 (This is one of the tuners on the PVR-500)
check SAA7115 input signal
ioctl: VIDEO_STATUS = Bad

SAA7115 reg[STATUS#1 - 0x1E] = 08
 Color Standard (D0-D1): BW/No color
 White peak loop (D2): Not activated
 Gain value for act.lum. (min) (D3): Limited
 Gain value for act.lum. (max) (D4): Not limited
 WIPA-mode slow-time constant (D5): Not activated
 Horizontal frequency (D6): Locked
 Field length (D7): Non-standard

SAA7115 reg[STATUS#2 - 0x1F] = 00
 Ready for capture (D0): No
 Macrovision 7.01 (D1): No
 MV Colorstripe burst (D2): No
 MV Colorstripe burst type 3 (D3): No
 Input signal timebase (D4): Non-stable (VCR)
 Field frequency (D5): 50Hz
 H & V loops (D6): Locked
 Interlace (D7): Not detected

ivtvctl -I -d /dev/video0  (This is the PVR-250)

check SAA7115 input signal
ioctl: VIDEO_STATUS = Sat/Dvd

SAA7115 reg[STATUS#1 - 0x1E] = 81
 Color Standard (D0-D1): NTSC
 White peak loop (D2): Not activated
 Gain value for act.lum. (min) (D3): Not limited
 Gain value for act.lum. (max) (D4): Not limited
 WIPA-mode slow-time constant (D5): Not activated
 Horizontal frequency (D6): Locked
 Field length (D7): Standard

SAA7115 reg[STATUS#2 - 0x1F] = b1
 Ready for capture (D0): Yes
 Macrovision 7.01 (D1): No
 MV Colorstripe burst (D2): No
 MV Colorstripe burst type 3 (D3): No
 Input signal timebase (D4): Stable (broadcast/DVD)
 Field frequency (D5): 60Hz
 H & V loops (D6): Locked
 Interlace (D7): Detected