[mythtv-users] Jarod's Guide and Nvidia 6629 driver with FX5200

Kees van Bemmel keesvanbemmel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:58:59 UTC 2005

First off, sorry for this slightly off topic post, but I really don't
have a clue as to how to solve this.

I installed FC3 following Jarod's guide (great guide btw, thanks
Jarod), but I got stuck with installing the latest nvidia drivers for
my FX5200 card. I know for sure that this card worked before running
FC2 and some older version of the driver, but now with 6629 all I get
is the Nvidia logo, which doesn't go away! I do see a mouse cursor
though which moves. Disabling the logo just results in a black screen
with some rubbish.

Does anyone have the same symptoms? Or better yet, does anyone have
ANY idea of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Kees.