[mythtv-users] Mythstream

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Wed Apr 6 13:10:03 UTC 2005

Verteiler wrote:
> Hi,
> Now that I have installed MythTV again (on my FC3) and have everything
> up and running, I  would like to watch Movies streamed from the server.
> When I access Videos from the Webinterface (MythWeb) and click on a
> video to watch it, all I get is this error:
>
> The requested URL /mythweb/video_url/nameofmovie.avi was not found on
> this server.
>
> It would really be nice to have Myth stream the video over the lan, when
> I click onto the video in MythWeb. Is this possible? Do I have to use
> Mythstream?

I got round this by adding a symbolic link that pointed from the mythweb
directory to the mythtv-rec directory. However, the next problem is that
many web server/OS combinations will not serve out files of greater than
2G (in my case anything over 20mins or so). Files smaller than 2G will
run quite happily over a normal http link, given sufficient bandwidth
(not that much).

Hope this helps

Andy M