[mythtv-users] Not importing complete XMLTV download?

Sarah Katherine Hayes aleph.wintermute at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 6 15:50:38 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I'm encountering a few problems getting the channel guide working in
MythTV 0.17 and I've tried everything I can think of so hoped someone
here could point me in the right direction.

I'm in the UK so I'm using Radio Times for my XMLTV data and I've got
the pvr machine wired up to a Sky digital box that the box is
controlling via a Red Eye serial device, so to acuratley record stuff I
need mythtv's program guide going (I think), the weapon of choice is
built on Knoppmyth R5A12 and I'm a little unsure how to check for
version numbers of specific things... sorry.

I've been following the skydigibox guide that is on the Knoppmyth Wiki
(http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=SkyDigiBox) so that I
manually update the .xmltv file to contain sky channel details and
update the database with correct channel numbers (i.e. 101 = BBC 1,
etc.) however when I pull up the guide to schedule a recording I can see
that only a fraction of the XMLTV data has been imported, BBC 1 & 2 have
their guides but all the others have "Unknown" filling their sections.
I've manually kicked off xmltv so that it outputs to a file, this file
appears to contain channel headings and program data for all of them,
however a: mythfilldatabase --update --file test.xml 1 -1  isn't
bringing it accross.

Anyone seen this before? And does anyone know how to kick in additional
logging so I can see what/where mythfilldatabase is choking?

Thanks and sorry for being a little unhelpful only just woken up.

Sarah