[mythtv-users] Partial channels?

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 6 18:20:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:46:18AM +0200, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not find this in a websearch.
>
> Is it possible to indicate that a certain channel is only available during
> certain hours? My cable company sends out National Geographic for most of
> the time but replaces it with Bloomberg from 03:00 to 12:00 during this
> time I can not get a NGC recording and would like my schedules to keep
> this information away so it will not try to rerecord in this timeframe.

If the time is fixed you can easily concoct an sql statement to delete
records from the program table for that channel during that time
frame.  Run this statement everyday after mythfilldatabase is done
running and you're good to go.  If you wanted to know if there was
some slick interface in mythtv to handle this, the answer is not that
I know of.  The only in-myth solution is to just not schedule programs
during that time on that channel.  Or if it does catch a recording
during that time, delete it and allow re-recording and hope they play
it again outside that window.

Aran