[mythtv-users] 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 wierdness.. sporadic lockups and TCP/IP problems

Justin Painter mudbiker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:39:22 UTC 2005

Upgraded to FC3 Monday from a rock solid FC2 install (what was I thinking!)

I am running a vanilla fresh .17 FC3 install following Jarod's guide.
Hardware is a Shuttle mn31n nforce2 mobo with a XP Barton 2500, 512
meg memory, and 2 PVR250MCE's.

I have a couple weird problems and was wondering if someone had any
idea what is going on....

I am running the 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel and my machine sporadically
hangs on boot (and sometimes boots up and works great!):

Starting udev:

Initializing hardware storage network audio <FREEZE> Now I have read
where this can be caused by not having the right kmdl's from atmrpms
etc, but I have the right ones

Another thing, sometimes when it boots, and this is going to sound
crazy, my Ethernet connection won't respond until I do something on
the computer that requires TCP/IP, like ping my router.

Now if someone emailed me saying the same thing, I would probably tell
them to reinstall, something must have got hosed, or you have a
hardware problem.  Funny thing is, I did reinstall from scratch a
second time, and it is still doing the exact same thing!

Now when I get it booted, and get the ip stuff working right, it chugs
along just fine, as a matter of fact its been up for almost a full day
and has recorded quite a few shows and transcoded them up, all is
golden.  But if I reboot..