[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem withNVIDIAvideoacceleration - HELP! (still unsolved)

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:59:44 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:54 PM, michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au
<michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au> wrote:
> Does anyone have XvMC working with a stable picture at least? Everytime I
> playback the picture is extremely unstable (flickery) especially down the
> bottom of the screen.

I have a stable XvMC using NVidia's kernel module and GLX and 0.17 (CVS+Patch).

NVidia Driver 7147 (IIRC), downloaded and installed from the NVidia site.

I had a stable picture on 0.17 (release) as well, though the OSD would
cause it to freak out (And sometimes segfault on me)

Just researching further patches posted to the dev list...

> Wonder if its Mythtv or an Nvidia issue. Can you use xvmc with mplayer? (-vo
> xvmc?) - might give that a go.

I have a feeling it's AGPGart on your system, and the NVidia driver
not able to access it's hardware at a low enough level.

IMHO, of course.