[mythtv-users] General Questions from a newbie

J jsg93085 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:38:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm currently modding my xbox so that I can run the MythTV xbox
version. My question is can you stream live tv to the frontend (in
this case, my xbox) from my backend server (which I am creating at the
same time). Also, I am going to be running a XP2100+, Soyo KTV333
Ultra Platinum, 1Gb PC2100 DDR, nVidia gForce 2 MX 64 MB (no tv out,
but could change to gForce 256 w/ svideo out), and a 200Gb hdd (how
should i format the filesystem?)… any recommendations for a TV tuner
card? I was either going to buy a PVR 350, or the 500MCE (with the
dual cable tv inputs, but does the 350 come with 2 cable inputs as
well?) Also, do I need a sound card for the backend? And can anyone
give me some tips/help on the install for the xbox, as well as getting
the xbox dvd remote to work with the MythTV interface (as well as
still being able to use my xbox for gaming)?

Thanks,

Josh

P.S. I'm modding my xbox with a 40 gig hdd, an xecuter 3, and a
replacement front panel that includes the LCD, switches for the mod
chip, and 2 usb ports