[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:59:24 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 7:42 AM, dean collins <dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:

> What I am trying to understand is what rights they have to sell software
> that has been developed from the Myth TV platform.

Dean,

First please stop sending HTML to this list. Second please stop top
posting.  Both of which are big no-nos around here.

D1 is perfectly within their rights to do exactly what they've done,
take a snapshot of MythTV and run with it never feeding anything back
to the originators.  It's rude, but it's legal.  It's also a good
example of a model NOT to be followed.

As to their claims that they're 20-50% better..  Better at what?

Sounds to me like someone needs to take a look at the source to their
changes and incorporate them into the main truck if they're that good.
 What I suspect is it's a bunch of marketing BS.