[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem withNVIDIAvideoacceleration - HELP! (still unsolved)

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Apr 7 15:37:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:24:07PM +0930, michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au wrote:

> I'm using agpgart.
>
> You have to recomplile your kernel to remove agpgart at this stage dont
> you? Its not setup as a module?
>
> Does anyone have XvMC working with a stable picture at least? Everytime I
> playback the picture is extremely unstable (flickery) especially down the
> bottom of the screen.
>
> Wonder if its Mythtv or an Nvidia issue. Can you use xvmc with mplayer?
> (-vo xvmc?) - might give that a go.

I have the same problem (flickering with an NVidia card), but for me it
only happens with MPEG2 encoded programs.  All shows that have been
transcoded to MPEG4 work just fine.  This means that on the MPEG2 tuner
card I can't watch live programs, but everything is fine a few hours
later.  As a workaround I watch live programs on the cheap tuner card
from which video is encoded to RTjpeg since RTjpeg also works fine.

For the rest of you with problems, does it clear up when you transcode
to MPEG4?

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/