[mythtv-users] RE: Some general questions regarding performance

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:14:03 UTC 2005

[snip]
> I'm also having an issue like you mention in Q3, with 'writeaudio:
> buffer underrun' on one of my PVR 250s. When watching live TV or
> recording, I only see the left half of the screen (streched to fill)
> and there is no audio. I haven't had the time to get all the details
> together and post to the list yet, maybe later tonight... So, if you
> find a solution to that one, please post back to the list.

[snip]

For the archives... I fixed the above issue by moving my PVR250s to
different PCI slots. The NVIDIA FX 5200 is in AGP, and I have a total
of 4 PCI slots below that. With the 250s in PCI slots 1 & 2, all three
cards (+ some other peripherals) were assigned IRQ11. I moved the 250
from slot 1 to slot 2, and the 250 from slot 2 to slot 4. Now one of
the 250s gets IRQ10, and my issue has been resolved.
I've got a PVR500 arriving in a few days, hopefully this issue will
not return, I've only got two slots left to work with...

Garry