[mythtv-users] cablecard

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 7 18:43:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 02:23:41PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 07 April 2005 02:10 pm, dean collins wrote:
> > Hi Robert, here is the crux of the problem, they are not yet formalized
> > but you can read there current status here.
> > http://www.opencable.com/specifications/
>
> What are you talking about?  The requirements (for a 1.0 host device) are
> formalized and quite clear.  There's no way that Myth can comply with them.
> I doubt they'll be loosening restrictsions for the 2.0 standard.

Yup; Isaac's right.

CableCard will do us absolutely no good out here beyond the Reality
Distortion Field of Follywood, because there's no way to build a
tunercard that conforms to those requirements, now that I have read
them.

Your Right To Tape Is In Danger, folks; no joke.  Go do something about
it.

If 100,000 people call US Senators this month, and complain politely
about the proper thing in the proper fashion, Something Will Happen.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me