[mythtv-users] Mini-Mac HDTV Front end

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:20:41 UTC 2005

On Windows, some MPEG2 Codec uses IDCT and Motion Compensation in the
Radeon cards.  In Linux, doesn't seems to be the case yet...

As I said multiple time, and I'll repeat, My Pentium 2.4Ghz/Radeon
9700 decodes 1080i with deinterlacing using about 40% CPU with the
NVIDIA DVD Decoder using Windows Media Player.

I guess the problem right now in linux is the lack of hardware usage
in the video card.  XvMC is OK with mplayer and 1.8Ghz Duron and
NVIDIA GF4MX, but can't deinterlace properly without framedrop.

I know about nothing, but HDTV is possible on lower CPU and
NVidia/Radeon video cards.

Not sure what info this gives, but that's what I know.