[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeather Animated Maps Cannot Download?

Karm may karmmyth at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 03:31:54 UTC 2005

Here is a hack that will get the maps to show up
again.
>From what Paul said is that the w3.weather.com has to
be chance to www.weather.com(63.111.24.20).
Well this is easy enough in the /etc/hosts add the
following entry:
63.111.24.20            w3.weather.com

Now you still have to:(Quote)
They also seem to have changed the number of images in
the animation from 6 to 5.
To fix that you need to change the imagecount value in
the weather-ui.xml file. Look for the animatedimage
element and change the imagecount value from 6 to 5.
Which weather-ui.xml file you need to change will
depend on which theme you are using. Some
use the default file supplied with MythWeather other
themes override it with there own file.
(end of quote)

After these changes I had to restart mythfrontend, but
I had a weather map.

Good Luck

To get MythWeather working again you have to change
all references to
w3.weather.com to www.weather.com in
Weather::GetAnimatedRadarMap() and
Weather::GetStaticRadarMap() and recompile/install
MythWeather.

They also seem to have changed the number of images in
the animation from 6
to 5.
To fix that you need to change the imagecount value in
the weather-ui.xml
file. Look for
the animatedimage element and change the imagecount
value from 6 to 5. Which
weather-ui.xml file you need to change will depend on
which theme you are
using. Some
use the default file supplied with MythWeather other
themes override it with
there own file.

Not had a look at MythWeb I don't use it very often so
don't know exactly
how
to fix that. I guess you will just have to change all
references of
w3.weather.com
to www.weather.com ?

Could this be a permanent change at weather.com or is