[mythtv-users] SBLive + ALSA + AC3 question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Apr 8 03:39:29 UTC 2005

Nate Thompson wrote:
> Mine has been doing the exact same thing as you are experiencing... Getting
> stuck in a certain mode, or getting stuck in a loop where the receiver
> alternates between stereo and dolby digital modes, producing no sound but
> requiring a warm boot to resolve it.

yeah, that looping is what it does when i get the annoying/horrid sound
from my reciever ... forgot about that part ...

the getting stuck in a mode thing can be fixed (tho' it's annoying) by
running alsamixer and muting the "IEC958 Optical Raw" channel (ie:
turning it off) ... then, i find that it seems to work for a while, then
get stuck again ... maybe i just need to open up my HTPC and spray a
bunch of WD-40 in there to keep things from sticking :P hehe

-g-