[mythtv-users] Marriage of Email List and Forum, Can't we all just get along!!

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Fri Apr 8 15:32:33 UTC 2005

I am aware of the other forums but I am a member of this one.  It's here
I seem to get the best responses.

This solution would give forum functionality to the "Official Mail
List".

I personally like the mail list.  However I maintain a forum for my
wife.  Some of here members wanted mail list functionality which is how
I came across this.  Now all here users are happy and that makes here
happy.  And a happy wife is important when you are trying to drop $300+
on pcHDTV cards ;-)

Just thought that it had the potential to help here as well.  Some of
the more 'heated' discussions here are around "can we move this to a
forum" posts.

I think this would help cut down on the repeated same ole questions as
new users would, by default, be a member of the forum first.  They are
much more likely to search for an answer there then to search the
existing archives.  Most people join a list to find an answer to a
question, at least that is my impression.