[mythtv-users] Suggestions

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Fri Apr 8 18:42:03 UTC 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, why do you need to delete a show from the
> command-line?
>
> Kevin

I knew somebody was going to ask.... ;)

O.K.  I record in HD, and there are a bunch of shows  that I like to
pull from the recordings directory, transcode to lower resolution
MPEG-4, and put in my MythVideo heirarchy to play back via mplayer.

Also, since DTV comes in many flavors:
1920x1080i 4:3 pillbox
1920x1080i 16:9
1280x720p 4:3 pillbox
1280x720p widescreen
702x480i 4:3
702x480 16:9

I need different playback filters for different shows (not just
channels).  MythVideo provides the ability to have a show-by-show
customized playback command, so, depending on the show, I can play back
with different aspect ratios, different deinterlacing filters, etc.. to
acheive the best playback possible.  My process is pretty automated, but
removing the old shows has been a pain.

Hope that makes sense.

--
John Sturgeon <><