[mythtv-users] SBLive + ALSA + AC3 question

Nate Thompson nightstrm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 02:48:55 UTC 2005

I believe I have fixed the majority of my problems, however I have run into
something new. Playback seems to be fine now of DD-encoded material through
Xine, and I am not getting any of the problems I mentioned previously.
However, I have some Xvid-encoded files that feature MP3-based soundtracks
that will not play unless I turn off the 'IEC958 Optical Raw' switch in kmix
(or alsamixer for that matter). As soon as I uncheck this box, the sound is
present via my receiver. I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced
this, and also is this the only switch you have enabled via kmix?

Nate