[mythtv-users] mythFM madness.

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 23:35:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:37:28AM -0400, Jason M. Sullivan wrote:

> I've been looking around the mythtv website and google, but I can't seem to
> find MythFM to run the tuner on my PVR-350.  Is this package now included
> in the base distribution, or is it orphaned?  Obsolete?

A little Googling led me to the sources for mythFM, and I started making a
stab at getting it compiled, if not working.  The compile bombs out with
the following message...

[mythtv at mythtv mythFM]$ make
cd mythFM && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mythtv/mythFM/mythFM'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/mkspecs/default -I.  -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/include -o main.o main.cpp
main.cpp:1:18: qdir.h: No such file or directory

Now, I've got qt-devel installed, and qdir is in...

./usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qdir.h

...but the Makefile doesn't seem to be finding it.  Anyone got any
experience with making mythTV modules?  Can someone tell me where I'm going
awry here?

PS: Wouldn't it be great to have some sort of python interface to the
MythTV system.  I'll admit to knowing nothing (yet) about the internals,
but it seems that for low requirements things like this, and the weather
pluging that's going to require recompilation everytime a web address
changes, it would be ideal.

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo                  http://www.jason0x21.org
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries