[mythtv-users] RE: Myth News problem

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Apr 10 10:46:34 UTC 2005

>I'm having a problem with some of the news feeds I get. For the BBC
>and Reuters, and now Dilbert, in the News listings it just says
>"Failed to read downloaded file" and if I select the provider it gives
>a "Malformed URL" error in mythbrowser. Has anyone else seen this or
>have an idea how I can fix this?

>Thanks,

>James

I sent a patch which Isaac has just applied to cvs that updates the BBC
feeds to their new URL's. It will be in the 0.18 release. I tried a few
Reuters feeds at random - Reuters Business,  Reuters Life and Leisure
and Reuters World News and they all worked fine for me. Which feed
are your trying to get? The Dilbert feed is indeed down. Looks like the
site that was supplying the rss feed has closed down. You can always add
a bookmark in MythBrowser to get your daily Dilbert fix :-) The url is
http://www.dilbert.com

Paul