[mythtv-users] UK DVB epg

Jonathan Hart jonhart at imapmail.org
Sun Apr 10 15:40:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

Couple o Queries-

I'm using the ubuntu Hoary universe myth packages 0.17. There is no
option for OTA EPG pickup in the myth setup (must of been kept out of
the ubuntu/debian packages?), but it keeps picking up channels I didn't
want, and adding them. It doesn't add epg data, just the actual
channels. Anyone else had this happen? (I've used mythsetup to hide
these channels in the myth epg, but they still come up in the OSD).

Also, I'm using the dvb grab software to push the OTA epg into the
database. This data goes through OK, but doesn't seem to be that good in
relation to categories ("movies" category is blank, etc). Is the RT
grabber better for this kind of metadata, and would I be better off
setting myth up with this, or is there a way create a search function
that can pick out a list of movies from the db, for example?

Cheers,

Jon
--
  Jonathan Hart