[mythtv-users] DVD sing xine on PVR-350 TV out?

stephen mythmail at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 11 00:46:53 UTC 2005

Patrick @ Mythtv wrote:

> Your command works much better.
>
> xine -f -I -V xshm --audio-driver alsa --no-logo --no-splash dvd://
>
> SVCD files a playing very well. Better than mplayer, because the sound is
> out of sync.
> But DVD, unfortunally not for 100% on my pc. Could this be a processor
> problem, I'm using a 1 ghz P3.
>
> patrick

i'm using a P3/733 with 384 MB ram.  it was playing rather nicely for
the first few DVDs i tried, but i've been noticing that it is quite
jerky on others.  seems that fullscreen content is more jerky than
widescreen (more motion/action for decoding?).  too bad xine doesn't
make use of the 350's decoder ...

stephen