[mythtv-users] Infocus 4805 projector and myth/fc3

David myth at dgreaves.com
Mon Apr 11 07:57:48 UTC 2005

Kees van Bemmel wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>does anyone here have a Infocus 4805 projector running with Myth? I'd
>like to know the best modeline for this projector.

I'm using a Panasonic projector I'm afraid.

Unless you're lucky you'll have to do some reading...
There's some info here:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/ModeLinesHowTo

You'll also need the tech specs for the monitor to provide the info to
the calculators mentioned.

It's also worth saying that there are 2 ways to approach this problem.
1) build a modeline that's native to the projector's resolution and let
Myth/Xine/mplayer/XV etc do the video scaling
2) build a standard 800x600 1024x768 mode and let the projector do the
scaling

I don't know which will provide you with the best image. I went with 1)

David