[mythtv-users] New Program Alerts?

Marcel Meier linux at meiersos.ch
Mon Apr 11 12:53:46 UTC 2005

Am Montag, 11. April 2005 10.43 schrieb James Smith:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way for MythTV to alert me when it sees a new program
> inserted into the database that matches certain criteria? For instance, if
> I (or my girlfriend, actually) wanted to watch programs about tigers, it
> would be good to be able to put the word "tiger" into a saved search, and
> then get an email or some kind of alert onscreen whenever new matches are
> found. Is there anything like this around already, or should I get my
> coding hat on?
>
> cheers,

There is a possibility to use the "Custom Record" in the recording menu to generate a search that
every time it discovers a new program with the word "tiger" in Titel, Description or Subtitel it will automaticly record
them if there are not rerruns. It will be something like this: (substitute Japan with your search word)

(program.title LIKE "%Japan%"
     OR program.subtitle LIKE "%Japan%"
     OR program.description LIKE "%Japan%") AND
program.previouslyshown = 0

This should give you all the programms that have the word tiger in it and are new episodes.

Hope this helps

Regards Marcel