[mythtv-users] New Program Alerts?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Apr 11 16:56:58 UTC 2005

Mathew Mrosko wrote:
> On Monday 11 April 2005 05:53 am, Marcel Meier wrote:
>

>>(program.title LIKE "%Japan%"
>>     OR program.subtitle LIKE "%Japan%"
>>     OR program.description LIKE "%Japan%") AND
>>program.previouslyshown = 0
>

> Is there something I'm missing here...

A couple things actually =). You don't have to type all this in by
yourself. He actually got this by choosing "Match in any descriptive
field" and "New episodes only". When you click "Add..." for new
episodes, the "0" is already included in the example.

>  I cannot type a 0 in... The number keys
> put in parts of regular expressions like ascii values, number values, etc.
> How do I insert a 0?

This, and other text entry boxes in myth, uses MythRemoteLineEdit
which uses the number keys like the numbers on a cell phone for
text entry. "0" is "Operator" so zero is actually a choice with "9".
Press "9" and you will see "[wxyz90]". Press "9" five more times to
highlight "0" then SELECT (Enter) or just wait for it to time out.

MythTV is the only DVR system which allows you to use the number
pad of your remote control to type raw SQL into the scheduler from
the comfort of your sofa.

--  bjm