[mythtv-users] PVR-350 displays OSD but not video - .17 apt-get upgrade

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Mon Apr 11 18:52:23 UTC 2005

Dave wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2005 10:58 PM, Mark Matula <mmatula at ratula.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Mark Matula wrote:
>>

>>>I've seen a lot of different issues with the 350 since folks have upgraded
>>>but none of them exactly match what happened to my box.  I've search the
>>>archives since the .17 release, but haven't wrapped my mind around a
>>>solution.
>>>
>>>My 350 TV out was working fine with .16 installed on Debian unstable from
>>>the .debs on http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/
>>
>>[. . .]
>>
>>>Before I do anything drastic, I was looking for input on how to troubleshoot
>>>this.
>>>- Upgrade ivtv?
>>>- Un-reinstall the .17 debs?
>>>- Uninstall .17 and try to roll back to .16?
>>
>>Turns out an ivtv driver update was in order.  I'm at version 0.2.0-rc3
>>right now, and all seems well.
>>
>>--
>>Mark Matula
>>Mikey, you will be missed:
>>http://eblo.ratula.net/mikey.html

> Hi Mark,
>    I'm in a similar situation as you - I was using IVTV .19, but after
> upgrading Myth to .17, it appears I need to upgrade IVTV.
>    I tried upgrading to IVTV 0.2.0, but ran into major problems
> (system freezes, etc).
>    Did you follow a specific set of instructions to do the IVTV upgrade?
>    Did you have any major issues/problems during the IVTV upgrade?

Has anyone solved the myth 0.17 + ivtv 0.[23].* issues?  I still get:

Mar 11 19:06:53 leeloo kernel: ivtv: 1000 ms time out waiting for firmware
Mar 11 19:06:53 leeloo kernel: ivtv: Failed api call 0x00000015 with
result 0xfffffff0
Mar 11 19:06:53 leeloo kernel: ivtv: DEC: couldnt read clock

in the logs when the playback locks up (usually when seeking).  Sound is
still often very deep (like a slow playback, but the speed seems right).

I haven't been getting any feedback on these problems from here of ivtv,
is there another list I should try?

--Darren