[mythtv-users] Why 2 cards for PIP?

Neil Davidson lists at backslash.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 09:14:20 UTC 2005

>I could watch tv using mythtv in the lounge room leave it running, and walk
into the
>study activate mythfrontend and what another channel, while recording
another show using
>mythtv.

>earlier this month I rebuilt the box after my move I accidently called up
PIP but I
>can't remember the key I pressed I am not sure if it's Myth or mplayer
related.

Was one of these shows a pre-recorded one? The vast majority of DVB card are
only single tuners (you do get a couple of dual tuner cards, but they are
very rare). Myth can serve pre-recorded shows to many frontends at the same
times. These can all be different pre-recorded shows, the livetv stream(s)
from your capture card(s), or a combination of the two.