[mythtv-users] DVB Channel Setup

Michael Carmody mjcar at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 14:21:32 UTC 2005

I'm so close I can actually watch it... sort of...

So after lurking on list since mythtv 0.4, I built my mythtv box using an epia
MII and Dvico Fusion HDTV.

XvMC, Unichrome, DRM, TV-Out all working flawlessly...

And I even managed to get the DVB Full channel scan to work... sort of.

It detects all the channels I want it to, but not all of them are useable.
Only half are given channel numbers, and with tv_grab_au installed I can only
see epg data for the ones without numbers.

i manually entered numbers for SBS and TEN but when I try to navigate to these
channels MythTV tries for a second and then returns to the previous channel.
Channels ABC, SEVEN and NINE are all viewable but no EPG data is available.

I am thinking it may be a problem with my tv_grab_au script, but does anyone
have any ideas as to what may have happened ? Or more importantly how to
fix ?

Wife is much impressed with the ability to pause and rewind live tv, but would
like to have all the channels...

For the record reception is excellent, DVICO fusion card in Win PC picks up
>90% signal strength on all channels. And Myth TV concurs when it channel
scans.