[mythtv-users] PVR-350 registers shifting during playback and live tv

Larry Symms lsymms at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 14:53:20 UTC 2005

Sorry if this is a repost... having problems getting posts in:

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that I'm NTSC and I'm trying
to record using 720x480.  Why would I do that?  Because I can burn
directly to DVD without transcoding.  What's happening is that
intermittently during playback of 720x480 my colors go all green/purple
and/or the image widens way past the left side of the screen and shifts
so there's a little black on the right.  I can get the colors back with
ivtvctl by shifting the 0x6c register and I can get the screen to shift
to the right so it's centered but I can't get it to size the image
properly.  It's almost like it's changing the aspect ratio.  I've tried
John Harvey's new X driver by using ivtv drivers newer than 0.3.2b but I
can't get them to work (I may need a firmware upgrade).  I get no device
found error when starting x but no errors from ivtv in messages.  Here's
my current thread on knoppmyth's site if you want more info on my setup:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=23187#23187