[mythtv-users] gave up on the Epia

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:15:26 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Michael Carland <mcarland at bitsgonewild.net> wrote:
> The issue was that I compile for epia with -march=c3, and the offending
> package built a utility for itself, and then failed running it since the desktop
> didn't have the c3 magic.

Does using -march-c3 make any noticable performance difference?

I just use standard debian packages (which afaik will work on an
i386), even my kernel is just a standard i686 version.

> Regarding giving up on epia, I don't have any of the DMA problems, or
> even FF/REW problems (although the machine is diskless, so I suppose
> there are fewer DMA contentions),

I have a disk and haven't see any issues. How might they manifest themselves?

The only stability problem I've had was lockups caused by the longhaul
cpufreq module, since I've stopped using that it seems pretty solid.

James.